Thursday, March 26, 2009

Honey Soy Chicken

Honestly, I can not begin to tell how many types of fried chicken there are around this world. Honey & Soy is one of the world's favourite marinade, no? Hmm, I agree to that. This was the first dish I cooked after I got married & moved in with F ;-P

F loves chicken and so I thought it would be nice for us to share a nice chicken dish for lunch. As both of us are pretty tired... and hungry - I quickly marinated the chicken pieces and cooked some rice too.

I thought it wouldn't taste good as it was just a try... but it turned out to be nice and here I am, sharing it with you here!
:: Honey & Soy Fried Chicken ::
4 piece chicken thighs, halved (any part will do, really)
2 tablespoon honey
4 tablespoon dark soy sauce
1 tablespoon tomato sauce
a dash of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
a dash of black pepper
1 teaspoon grated ginger (optional)

1. Clean the chicken pieces and pat dry. Mix all the sauces with chicken and set aside for at least 15 minutes.
2. Heat a large frying pan with about 1 cup of cooking oil. Ensure oil is heated enough for frying.
3. Place chicken pieces one by one in the pan and cook each side until colour is darkened, about 5 minutes each side.
4. Repeat with remaining pieces and serve with your favourite sauce :-) You can also eat this with rice :-) just like chicken rice!

2 comments:

  1. That's a yummy recipe! Yopou got q very nice food blog and made me missed Penang food :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the recipe. I sure missed Penang style cooking :-) I wonder if you can share recipe for Hainanese Spring Roll, Ee Mee and Curry Mee. Btw, I have to find proper fish for your Assam Laksa. In my area is difficult to find Ikan Kembung or Sardines. Most Ikan Kembung I found is smoked and the sardines are fatty which I had to skim off a layer of fat off my laksa gravy last time. Even the kesum is difficult to find at the asian supermarket... :-(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your foodie comment.