Friday, March 27, 2009

Chicken & Mushroom Fusilli

Pasta. My comfort food anytime. Love to have it for dinner time. I think pastas are healthy. What more when we add fresh ingredients to it. F loves creamy pasta sauce so last nite, we had pasta for dinner. Pasta sauces are quite expensive but nevertheless... I can't help myself once in a while. Too lazy to make my own sauces, but I intend to learn to make my own. I think it's worth it. As you see I work closely with chicken most times, it's F's favourite meat. Plus, chicken is so easy to cook!

:: Chicken & Mushroom Fusilli Recipe ::
Serves 2

2 portion cooked fusilli (cook according to package instruction)
1/2 bottle Dolmio's Mushroom & Herb pasta sauce (or your favourite sauce)
1/3 cup diced red pepper
1/3 cup diced celery
1/3 cup diced fresh button mushroom
1/2 green onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup diced chicken breast meat
salt & pepper to taste
a pinch of Italian herbs for extra taste
1. Heat 3 tablespoonfuls of extra virgin olive oil in a pot, fry the onions & garlic until aromatic. Throw in diced chicken, fry until half cooked.
2. Throw in the vegetables and fry until soften, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add in the creamy pasta sauce and combine.
4. Add Italian herbs, salt & pepper to taste and let cook, stirring occasionally for about 2-3 minutes.
5. Turn heat off, and pour over cooked fusilli. Garnish with fresh parsley (I didn't had any!) and sprinkle some grated cheese for a delicious dinner!

Note: Adding lots of fresh veges such as capsicum, celery, and mushrooms really add those healthy touch and taste to the pasta sauce. Not to mention colourful too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your foodie comment.