Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Simple Chinese Fried Rice with Beef & Celery

:-) I miss my food blog! :-) And I am back from a long break. It feels great to be back, blogging about what I love most - food.

As I newly set up my kitchen from scratch (just moved in a rented apt with my husband after we got married), I am at lost of what to cook... I wanted to start "warming up" - cooking simple stuffs good enough for the two of us, before I start storming out food that requires more ingredients. Kitchen's really small, so I must make do with the little working space I have! But it's so far so good.

Fried rice is NOT to be eaten daily.. No no. No good - all the oil and frying... brings up those cholesterol. Anyways, it's nice to have it once a while, especially when you want a quick meal.

While buying some groceries, I bought some fried rice seasonings to try. Maggi black pepper and chinese fried rice. Both taste good, simple enough for dinner and hubby loved it. The black pepper fried rice was really nice, however I did not take a photo of it last nice :-( as I was too tired to grab the camera...

:: Chinese fried rice with minced beef & celery ::
2 cups cooked jasmine rice
1 packet Maggi Chinese fried rice seasoning (in powder)
4 baby carrots, cubed
1 celery stick, chopped
1/3 green capsicum (green pepper), chopped
about 1/3 cup minced beef
1 egg
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/4 green onion, chopped
1 red chili, sliced
cooking oil for frying

1. Heat a wok with cooking oil, about 3 tablespoonful of oil.
2. Throw in onion & garlic, fry until aromatic and throw in minced meat. Stir until meat is browned then add in the vegetables. Stir fry about a minute.
3. Add rice and combine. Add the fried rice seasoning and combine thoroughly before making a "hole" in the middle of the wok.
4. In the middle of the wok, crack open an egg and stir egg until half cooked.
5. Cover the egg with rice and stir to combine. Turn heat off and transfer the quick, simply delicious Chinese fried rice to plates.
6. Best eaten when hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your foodie comment.