Thursday, August 28, 2008

Why do you Thank God It's Friday?

Because it's happy hours!

You get off work early, traffic jam everywhere, and to make it up, you enjoy good food on Fridays for dinner. But unfortunately not everyone finishes work at reasonable hours especially if they're on shift and those that are working offshores and on the plane or ship..
This was a trip F and I made for dinner, a few weeks back. I can't recall if there was a specific reason we went to TGIF at Queensbay mall, but we were there. It was the first day of Beijing Olympics 2008. I think TGIF needs bigger TV cos, they're small as of currently. Hehehe...

Honestly, I am the type who enjoy small portions of food. I love variety, and definitely choices. Contrary to F who basically is a meatlover. Anything big, chunky, meaty loaded with protein will satisfy him good enough to make him a happy man. :-)
We ordered some drinks, mac n' cheese balls, pasta and sizzling chicken n prawn dish. I wanted to try some of their desserts - those in cute glasses, but I was too full.. No way can I stuff more food in my already full tummy.

This time, we felt the food ws not as good as the last time we went there, maybe because the chef was busy watching the Olympics. :-) F said Chilis' is always better. I have no comments as honestly, I prefer other type of food most times, like Italian, Thai, Indian, Malaysian, and Pizza.
This was the pasta that I had - it tasted rather plain... I wonder why. Very dry, and the garlic was totally RAW that my fork n spoon kept away from them.

I can say that TGIF is a place where you would enjoy being with big group of friends, cos it is the "hang out" place for some to just chill, drink, and chit chat and celebrate birthdays. Service was good and fast.

Read more about TGIF at Queensbay Mall, Penang on my previous blog post here and here.

3 comments:

  1. i like chili's better than TGIF too. chili's burgers are shoooooo goooooood. yuuum. for pasta (and bread) nothing beats italiannies in my book. i just wish they'd open one in penang!!! what do you think of italiannies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. TGIF to you too!!~
    But I am with all of you on Chili's vs TGIF....definitely Chili's:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ayu - yup, I like Italiannies but, so far each time I go, service has not been so good. Maybe my unlucky day!

    Christy - looks like TGIF needs to do something with their menu! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your foodie comment.