Sunday, July 5, 2009

Stir fried prawns with tomato sauce

I always say that I don't like prawns. I don't eat prawns. 99% of the time that is. Somehow, I do eat prawn fritters, belacan (shrimp paste), mee udang (prawn noodles) and a variety of prawn products. Except fresh prawns itself. Weird me. Why? I guess I had a bad first time experience tasting prawns? I'll never know...

I may not eat much prawns but since I started cooking them, I eat a little of them along the way. Not bad actually... Especially garlic prawns and tomato sauce prawns... like this one :-)

This is a very simple recipe, all you need is tomato sauce, onions and a little bit of water. Don't remove the shells because that's what gives it flavour...

:: Recipe ::

About 12 medium sized prawns, without the head
1/2 of a green onion, sliced
3 tablespoon tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 tablespoon water
pinch of salt

1. Clean the prawns and marinate with turmeric.
2. Stir fry onions until aromatic, then add the prawns and stir until half cooked.
3. Add tomato sauce, water, and salt and stir until the sauce thickens and prawns are cooked.
4. Serve immediately and enjoy the juicy succulent tomato prawns.

5 comments:

  1. I like all your recipes and I have tried some like mild chicken curry and your tomato sauce prawns, etc. Well it's tasty and nice and most important is easy to prepare too! Thank you for all these simple and great recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Previously, I seldom eat prawns but not I luv it very much esp butter prawns. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely a " prawn eater". I love your stir fried prawn with tomato sauce, looks so yummy to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great....i want a plate of that now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all for your comments...
    I just learned to eat prawns but most time I still dont really eat them! But eating them with hubby is fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your foodie comment.