Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Keropok Lekor (Fish Cake)

During my recent holiday trip to Terengganu, one of my "must-do" was to buy lots of keropok (crackers) home. Terengganu is famous for it's keropok ikan (fish crackers), especially keropok lekor (fish cracker, but texture is like fisk cake... and thus I am referring to it as cake).

In Kuala Terengganu itself, at the famous Pasar Payang (market), there are just so many keropok sellers... everything looked the same and being a first timer, I didn't know which one to buy. They all looked the same to me!

My brother told me to look for keropok lekor that is whitish and short. Lekor is something like fish paste, it's wet instead of dry, and the shape is long, like sausages. It's then cut into an inch long and deep fried, and dipped in sweet chilli sauce. It's simply delicious... A must-try.
So not knowing what to buy at the Pasar Payang, we decided to head to Redang Island first for our holiday. It's a really gorgeous island, surrounded by clear blue waters and soft white sands... A very breath-taking vacation for me and hubby after such a stressful half year of working...

Here's my top 3 favourite picture from Redang:
The nice blue sea
Colours of batik sarong
The jetty at the island

After the island trip, before heading back to Penang, we drop by a house along the main street selling Keropok Lekor. We had some food tasting of the keropok and it was good. Decided to buy some there in Merang itself instead of heading all the way back to Kuala Terengganu...

It was a lovely trip and I wish I could go there again soon! But for now, I am back n Penang, with some sun tan skin, watching TV and enjoying some keropok lekor.... :-)

3 comments:

  1. wow....seeing your wonderful photos, make me remember my trip to Pulau Redang seven years ago!!!

    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad u loved it... The lekor was actually very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kecur Air liur tngok keropok...

    mas
    www.zamniracollection.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your foodie comment.