Sunday, December 14, 2008

Pan Fried Bread with Eggs & Tandoori Cheese Chicken Sausages

A breakfast with a twist today. Bread and eggs are good breakfast food that we should have. While I normally go for multigrain bread, my favourite is always the normal white bread. Both tastes good. I like my eggs with lots of onions and tomatoes. And while this is enough, I sometimes add sausages to make my breakfast more complete. Afterall, who does not love sausages??!

When I have leftover sauces or marinades, I like to use them to modify my cookings. And while tandoori sounds good with chicken, I decided to mix a spoonful of it with my chicken sausages. Initially unsure of how it might taste like, I took my chances. How wrong could I go?

It turned out yummily. Yum Yum Yum. Finished within seconds. I cut the sausages into smaller pieces, mixed a spoonful of tandoori marinade (the one I had was in powder form) and just shake to cover it. Nothing else added. The sausage I used had cheese in it which, beautifully melted as I cook away.

If you like eating Tandoori Chicken chances are, you would love this recipe. It does not take much to prepare and cooking time is short n sweet!

Recipe for 2
:: Part I - Pan Fried Bread with Eggs ::
4 loaf bread
3 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
1/2 red tomato, chopped
1 medium greem onion, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon parsley
pinch of salt
a few dashes of pepper
1 teaspoon tomato sauce

Except for bread loafs, mix everything else in a bowl (use one that you can later dip the bread easily). Heat up a large frying pan with olive oil. Soak the bread, one by one, in the egg mixture only for a few seconds enough to vover the bread with egg and the onions and tomatoes (too long you might soak up the egg in the bread making it soggy). Then fry for about 1-2 minutes on each side over small medium heat. It's cooked when it's slightly browned. Transfer to a plate and finish ith remaining bread.

:: Part II - Tandoori Cheese Chicken Sausages ::
4 Chicken with Cheese sausages
1 tablespoon tandoori mix

Cut sausages into smaller pieces and place them in a bowl. Mix well with tandoori marinade and fry for 5 minutes over medium heat or until sausages start darken (tandoori will have a deep red/brown colour). Add some lemon juice, thinly cut onions for the extra tandoori oomph! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your foodie comment.