Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sweet Happy Gifts

We loveeee gifts. Don't we? Boys and Gals, Young and Old, We All LOVE receiving gifts... :-) They make you smile, pretty, gorgeous, happy, excited, thankful, nice, and even when you're down or angry or upset - Gifts makes those lips of yours curve upwards, and your teeth twinkle, and that happy voice come out. It makes you feel appreciated.

As today was my last working day, of my 4+ years career with the Bank, I made these Sweet Happy Gifts for my friends (and bosses) there. Somehow... it does not feel like it is my last day there... I am so soo used of being there for such long hours, it seemed like a dream. But reality bites. It is my last day, and all company property returned, personal belongings packed and I walked past the front doors with a smile. Bringing with me all the good (and not so good) memories and experiences with me to carry on.

I have to say, I hate the work there (I hate it when I work lateeeee) but, BUT I WILL MISS THE PEOPLE I WORK WITH THERE. Not only behind those doors, but those around the world that corresponds with me about work via hundreds of e-mails daily. If you guys read this... yaay! You found me here.

For those in the office, I managed to wrap up some sweets and chocolates as an appreciation and farewell gift. I had some Hershey's, Kopiko, Sugus, and moreeee all wrapped up in a nice colourful plastic wrap, with a ribbon to seal. They all seemed to love it! And I am glad they did.

It was hard saying good bye, but I loved the farewell lunch we had at a Japanese restaurant here in Penang. Yikes, I did not bring my camera sooo no blogging about it here... :-(

Looking forward to spending more time for my food blog! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hi,I came across your blog while blog hopping and am impressed by your delicious looking and step by step recipes.Simple food done with passion and love.My kind of blog.I shall be a frequent visitor from now on and am looking forward for some more yummy food from you.
    Your otak-otak post had a picture(9th.pic) of a white enamel plate with green rim(the wrapped otak-otak was placed on it).I have been hunting high anf low for such a plate.If it is not too much to ask,could you please let me know the diameter of the plate as well as where you bought it as it is such an elusive item.By the way I reside in Selangor.
    Thanks and keep up the great job.Your blog rocks.
    Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela,
    Thank you for ur nice thoughts about my work here, that just made my day :-)
    The plate you mentioned, I believe was bought from a local store in Penang. I do believe they sell it in the supermarkets or Chinese store that sells kitchen utensils... I have a few sizes, biggest with about 25cm diameter...
    If you need my help to find/get it, no worries, just drop me an email! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your foodie comment.