Wednesday, February 20, 2008

California Pizza Kitchen, KLCC

Yyess, pasta - lovely pasta to get hungry with. This time, we headed to Suria KLCC for some photo shooting & shopping. I always love this tall, majestic building for some reason. I love watching the different kind of people from all walks of life just hanging out here. After a brisk walk at the park, we were thinking of what to eat... And so for lunch, we decided to choose California Pizza Kitchen - located on the 1st level of Suria.The restaurant has 3 sections - front where cute round tables with sofas are situated, the main dining with wooden tables and seats, and the outdoor balcony overlooking the water park of KLCC. I would love to seat outside , but probably not on a hot KL afternoon... Menu is pretty ok for me, from appetizers to salads, pizzas and pastas, soups and sandwiches, desserts and a whole lot of beverage for kids and adults. One of what I like, of its service, is that, if you have kids with you, the waiters bring you drawing papers and colourful crayons so kids don't get bored. A good one there. :-)
Looks good... I loved the very delicious Portobello Mushroom Ravioli I had. They look so flowery. And one bite in the Rosemary ravioli brings a burst of Portobello mushrooms, herbs and melting cheese... and it is simply delicious... This dish was served in a fresh Italian tomato sauce with garlic and Parmesan cream. Very rich in garlic. Very. Vampires would refrain from going anywhere near you. Period. The price? RM 28.90 and for an additional RM3.00 or so, you get additional sauteed mushrooms.
I wish I had more people dining with me - to order more food and take more food picture!! But maybe next time... I'm more of a "couple foodie" than a group of foodies... but I enjoy doing what I do even if it's small! :-) For my guy, it is usually fettuccine. Cos he likes kuey teow(flat rice noodles), and fettuccine is the Italian version of kuey teow. And he loves cream sauce. One Fettuccine with Garlic Cream sauce which look deliciously creamy...
This dish is available with prawns, or chicken and sauteed mushroom. We went for chicken. The creamy sauce is also very garlic-ky, and tastes nice with the rich parmesan in it. This babe was priced at RM24.90 and we also ordered to add in sauteed mushrooms.
By the time we almost finish our lunch, we were very full. I remember the last time we were here, we ordered the Baja Chicken Tortilla Spring Rolls. Delicioussss and very filling. We did not get to dessert... no way can we stuff ourselves any further, and food is never good to waste. Previously, I tried the Panna Cota and Tiramisu, which were both very lovely. Don't think they have the Panna Cota anymore...

Let's give it a 8/10.. Good food, nice place, they love kids, and staffs are good. :-)

California Pizza Kitchen
Lot 140, Level 1, Suria KLCC
50088 Kuala Lumpur

2 comments:

  1. You know I heard the pizza in California Pizza Kitchen is good but for me, pasta is always my choice! I can finish a whole plate of pasta but not a whole plate of pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, we're on the same boat here! I'd go for pasta over pizza. For me, pizza is one of those "share share" foods which is fun. Pasta is more of "personal" dish. ;-P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your foodie comment.