Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sweet Potato & Carrot Curry

Funny that I thought this recipe of mine is too sweet - for my liking at least, but my husband loved it very much. While making some of this over for lunch, he said it smelled so good. I said, "Smell can be deceiving!" Because this is something I rarely make and would of forgotten what I put in the last time I made it...

But he loved it, and for me, if it was just a little less sugar, I would had loved it. But, so long as the guest enjoys it... why bother adjusting the taste to your liking??

:: Recipe ::
2 medium potatoes, cut into small cubes
1 carrot, cut into small cubes
2 rose onions, sliced
1 garlic clove, sliced
1/2 cup of santan (coconut milk)
1/3 cup water
2-3 tablespoon curry powder (I used Babas chicken curry powder)
1 stick cinnamon, 1 star anise
a few curry leaves
2-3 teaspoon brown sugar
salt & pepper to taste

1. With some oil in a pot, fry the garlic and onions. Add in the cinnamon and anise and fry until aromatic. Throw in the carrots and potatoes, cook for about 3 minutes.
2. Add in curry powder, stirring. Add in water, gradually and then add in the salt, pepper, sugar, curry leaves.
3. When carrots and potatoes soften, add in the santan and stir. Cook until the curry thickens, about 5-10 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. So you used potatoes not sweet potatoes, right? I thought this is a new recipe to cook sweet potatoes in curry.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your foodie comment.