Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Pizza Hut Manager Today Deserves "Good Quality Manager" Award

Just a pizza picture since I did not take any Pizza Hut picture here..

You know what slacks with fast food? First class service. (Not all, but in my humble, honest opinion... most of 'em). Because it is not a Fine-Dining restaurant with Chef so-n-so awards nor this-or-that Culinary awards that needs to perfect that salad dressing or that cream on top of the cake..... or where the cherry is supposed to be.

I have to say, I was impressed by what happened today at Pizza Hut restaurant at Tesco, Penang today at 7.30pm.

We ordered a Regular Super Supreme Pizza & some Spicy Deli Wings & a pitcher of Pepsi. Our order was repeated, and F and I happily chatted away...

Along came our Super Supreme Pizza in a very small size. :-(

The manager happened t be the one who brought the pizza to us. And when we checked, it seemed that the waiter had made a mistake in the order... Small pizza instead of a regular one.

And so, he apologised, requested the kitchen for our regular-sized pizza, and made us pay only for the small size pizza! We were expecting the manager to re-issue us the correct receipt, but he was so good to actually admit his staff mistake and let us enjoy our pizza at a "discount". We were surprised.

I've been to so many places where some of them brought us the wrong order, and actually charged us for it or did not offer a "compensation". I'm sure you have come across such at least once.

So, what happened today at Pizza Hut - I don't know where that manager came from, but he truly deserves a Good Quality Manager award. It didn't take him a split second to take the rightful action he thought was appropriate. Kudos!

F&B management is very important, as bad food/service will turnoff customers very, very easily. So we need to see more good quality managers like this one today! Even if the food is the same - in the case of fast food.. if the service of a particular branch is not very good, for me, I rather not go there again, even if the location is closer to where I live. It's not the distance, it's the service! I don't mind spending more time (and fuel) to travel to the branch where the service is well known to be better. :-P

PS: I was so surprised, that I did not manage to take down his name... I knowww!!! I'll check out Pizza Hut's website to submit a comment if I can do so! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your foodie comment.