Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Dining in @ Fasta Pasta

Fasta Pasta. Hungry and just wanting to go some place near to his parent's place (after a 4-hour drive from Penangggg), we headed to The Curve. Thankfully parking was not bad on a Friday night!
I would never miss my chance at learning to take better foodtography, what more in KL. Plenty of food and choices makes me go crazy! But with just the short weekend, I opted for my favourite casual food.

I LOVE PASTA. Put aside my crazy tastebuds for Assam Laksa, Chicken Briyani and Tom Yum Soup, I LOVE PASTA. Perhaps I'm a bit of an Italian at heart. Ha ha ha!

The bread is served as a starter while we wait for our food to come. Soft bread served with butter. Just nice and perfect and I love this any time.I had the Maccheroni Pepino - a very delightful meal with chunks of chicken, generous mozzarella and chili in yummy tomato sauce. There is 2 serving size: Ozzie or Asian. I chose Asian as I wanted to have some soup too. I love this macaroni meal. It is simply wonderful anytime!
Unfortunately they did not have the Mushroom soup that I wanted. So the other choice (not too many choices of soup huh?) the Minestrone soup. This was a bit of a disappointment. The soup was not so rich in flavour and vegetables. I don't know where the chunks of veges and beans went to, but it was definitely not "big" as it's supposed to be. Minestrone? Hmm.
The man opposite me - my driver for the day cos I kept yawning all the way here, had the Spirali Calabrese. This dish looks so exciting it could turn heads instantly, "Look at me!!!" A pretty mild dish, it comes with colourful spiral pasta tossed in thick tomato sauce with lots of black olives, beef salami and mozzarella.

We did not really like the taste of it, though. It was not as flavourful as the Maccheroni Pepino. Because I loved my guy so much, and I knew he did not liked this, I told him, "you can have the macaroni, I'll have the spirals." Cos really, I didn't mind exchanging because I do not like to waste food. So we did finished the food afterall.
Come next was ... chocolate drinks for us! Now the drinks here are not bad at all, especially the Ice Chocolate with Ice Cream! Ooh yummy.... I love chocolate! The Vienna Chocolate kept me warm and comfy as I was feeling a bit cold. Fasta Pasta is located at the ground floor of Ikano Power Centre, Mutiara Damansara.
You can have events here as well, birthday parties and gatherings and it is best to make a reservation for the staff to prepare ahead of the functions.
Call 03-7727 5876 for reservations.
They are open daily, 10-10pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your foodie comment.